Review the case at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research, “Getting to the Root of The Matter” at https://psnet.ahrq.gov/webmm/case/98/getting-to-the-root-of-the-matter
- Define a root cause analysis and when it is used.
- In the case study identify the incident and explain the problem that might trigger a root cause analysis.
- Do you agree that the problem should not be investigated? Explain why or why not?
- Discusses the goals and limitations of root cause analysis;
- Outline the steps to conduct a root cause analysis.